- Cook half a cup of Basmati rice. Wash the rice and cook it in plenty of boiling water for exactly 12 minutes.
- Drain the rice out in a colander and run it under cold water for 30 seconds
- Heat 1 tbsp canola / sunflower / rice bran oil in a wok
- Throw in 1 tsp fine mustard seeds and wait for them to splutter
- Add a sprig of curry leaves, followed by one thinly sliced onion
- Cook the onions till light brown
- Add the cooked rice to the pan, season with salt and toss like mad
- Serve hot.
This thing goes well with just about every curry out there, and the onions and mustard make for a really nice combo.
Over and out!